Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Movie I'll Not Be Seeing... And One I Will

Lately I've been reading a lot about The Orphanage. The hype for this movie came out of the blue, and now, everywhere I turn there is a clip or raving review. But I won't be seeing it. Why? Because it appears to deal with evil little kids. And you know that if there's one thing I can't handle, it's evil little kids.

Produced by the same guy who made Pan's Labyrinth, The Orphanage is also in Spanish and has English subtitles. It's been out for a while overseas, but now "the creepy" has arrived stateside.




I have decided that I will be going to see another somewhat-scary movie, however, even though I initially wasn't planning on it. The reviews are rolling in, folks, and Cloverfield (from beloved Lost creator J.J. Abrams) is living up to its hype. So that's where I'll be next Friday, its official opening night--at the theater with all the other geeks waiting in line to see it before the mystery of what exactly it's about inevitably gets spoiled. But I'm still pretty sure I'll throw up on the poor person seated in front of me because of the shaky hand-held footage of which the entire movie is comprised...



- e

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

e - Nerdy P and I saw Orphanage on Saturday. I will quote Little J on the appearance of the creepy kids, "DON'T LIKE, DON'T LIKE!!"

Overall decent movie!!

G

Anonymous said...

Ooh - I would have gone to see the JJ Abrams flick (for that reason alone) but I didn't know it was shot with a handheld camera. The Blair Witch Project was enough of that for me, thanks.