Thursday, December 20, 2007

Trailer Bonanza, Part Deux

(Note: the trailers below may appear like they will not work, but I assure you that if you hit the play button, they will run)

As I mentioned a few days ago, when we saw I Am Legend there were several new trailers beforehand... the first of which was Rambo. It was so ridiculous that I can't bring myself to embed it here. How can the writers of that script look at themselves in the mirror after making Sylvester Stallone say, in his trademark monotone voice, "Live for something, or die for nothing"? That is the cheesiest, most cliché line they could've possibly used. Sheesh.

The second trailer was for Cloverfield, the much-buzzed-about movie from our beloved creator of Lost, J.J. Abrams. For a long time "Cloverfield" was thought to just be a code name for the movie, but it looks like it's the actual title now. I don't know what it means. But it premieres less than a month from today on January 18th! Believe it or not, I'm not sure I will go to see this one unless it gets INCREDIBLE reviews. The reason why is because the cameras are so jumpy (it's supposed to be shot from the characters' views on hand-helds) that I think I may throw up. Judge for yourselves:



So, what do you think? I suspect this may actually be a remake of Godzilla and that they've kept that fact extremely under wraps. We will find out in January...

The next trailer was for The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. I will probably go see this because, as has become very evident to long-time readers of this site, I am a sucker for fantasy/sci-fi movies. I was glad to see that Aslan the talking lion is back!




Prince Caspian was followed by a trailer for a movie I'd never heard of until that point--10,000 B.C. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I don't think I'll be going to see it despite the cool effects. Although, no one can deny that woolly mammoths rock the house!




Last but certainly not least was a new, longer trailed for Batman - The Dark Knight. I am totally biased because of all of the Chicago shots in this preview (two different places where I used to work for The Man are prominently featured! Ahh, the memories!), but I honestly think this movie is going to be incredible. I was struggling to think of an actor or actress I still actually liked, and Christian Bale is one of the few that continues to be deserving of my adoration. I will definitely be in line on opening night for this one...



- e

No comments: